Besides some popular applications of blowing film, raffia, injection molding, blow molding, CaCO3 filler masterbatch is also used for PP (polypropylene), PS (polystyrene) thermoformed sheet and pipe extrusion – HDPE (high-density polyethylene) and PP (polypropylene) pipes. And we can find out some aspects of this filler for these applications.
CaCO3 filler masterbatch for PP, PS sheet
Thermoformed sheet products using CaCO3 filler masterbatch
– Disposable cups, plates.
– Food trays, pots, and covers.
– Plant pots and seeding trays.
– Profiled the building products.
– Household items.
– Automatic interior trim articles.
Advantages of using CaCO3 filler masterbatch for PP and PS thermoformed sheet
It helps to improve thermal conductivity as below:
– Faster melting in the extruder.
– More homogenous melt.
– Faster sheet-cooling on calendar rolls.
– Faster Extrusion Line Speed
It gives a low coefficient of expansion as follows:
– To lower melt volume.
– Lowing friction to barrel surface.
– Lower torque and die pressure.
– Increase the extruder output rate (by volume).
Filling polypropylene with up to 60% calcium carbonate is a proven solution for running polypropylene on existing polystyrene thermoforming machinery with comparable line performance and end-product quality.
We also can find the main benefits of using CaCO3 filler masterbatch for PP
– Higher extruder output and faster cooling on the chill roll.
– Reduced cooling time in mold, faster cycles.
– Higher stiffness.
– Lower shrinkage.
– Processing on existing PS thermoforming machinery.
– More isotropic physical properties.
– Improved forming accuracy.
The recommended usage rate of this filler for PP and PS is from 15% to 30%, depending on the final product requirements.
CaCO3 filler masterbatch for pipe extrusion
HDPE and PP plastic are used to produce pipes and CaCO3 filler masterbatch is a good material to use for the pipe extrusion. The use of CaCO3 filler in polyolefin pipes production technology will give pipes higher hardness, improve processing ability. Furthermore, it also reduces cooling time and reduces costs. In accessories manufacturing, it helps to reduce cooling time significantly and increase profit margins.